ARA MEMBERSHIP OVERVIEW
No other organization helps the agricultural retailer more than ARA.
More than a trade association
As the only national nonprofit trade association dedicated to the American ag retailer, ARA acts as the voice of retailers and suppliers by advocating and educating federal regulators and legislators.
Who are ARA members?
ARA membership is diverse with small family-run businesses, farmer cooperatives, and large corporations with multiple branches. Member companies represent most agribusinesses in the U.S., and the landscape of American agriculture is always changing. ARA's leadership includes a board of directors representing retailers, suppliers and manufacturers of crop protection chemicals, fertilizer, technology, services and equipment.
Why join ARA?
So much in agriculture is changing, from regulations to developing technology, to new crop input practices, and more. As a member, you can focus on optimizing your business operations while ARA serves as your eyes and ears in Washington, D.C.
ARA's efforts on behalf of retailers save you real money by keeping costs of doing business under control as well as partnering with organizations to get you the best price on educational programming. Stay informed to make better decisions as an ARA member
“Our mission at Growers Edge is to empower growers to adapt and thrive. We do this by partnering with innovative ag retailers and crop input providers to deliver warranty-backed agronomic offers tailored to meet their needs and improve growers’ profitability. I have been engaged with the ARA throughout my career, and I am looking forward to reconnecting with this impactful organization!”
- Tracy Linbo, Growers Edge Chief Commercial Officer and Executive Vice President
Contact ARA's Donnie Taylor at or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
ARA member benefits
In addition to influencing legislative and regulatory issues, ARA offers educational and professional development opportunities to give your team a competitive edge.
- ARA NAVIGATOR 360° is a new online leadership assessment developed specifically for agricultural leaders.
- DC Help Desk is the membership's direct line to ARA policy experts for regulatory and legislative questions.
- ARA Member Resource Library features helpful resources related to pandemic response, natural disaster preparation, advocacy issues and more.
View ARA's full list of member benefits that can be yours when you join ARA.
Your membership matters
One voice in Washington may not make enough noise, but all of our voices together cannot be ignored. The number of ARA retailer and supplier member directly impacts the level of influence the ag industry has in Washington, D.C. Every member makes a difference, and as ARA's membership grows, so too will ARA's message on Capitol Hill.
When ag retailers speak with one loud, unified clear voice, Congress listens. This is the power of effective grassroots advocacy. By joining ARA, you help us better represent your interests while freeing up your resources to make smarter business decisions. Here are the policy issues, established by ARA membership, that steer the work of ARA's policy team of experts:
How ARA works for you
As the political voice of ag retailers, ARA:
- Advocates for its members’ interests on specific bills;
- Works with Congressional staff to craft reasonable legislation that balances security issues along side business interests; and
- Educates federal agencies and congressional members on the important issues affecting the industry.